In line with the housing policy under the Ninth Malaysian Plan, government housing policy has outlined the goal for them to provide adequate, comfortable, quality and affordable housing to enhance the sustainability of people’s lives.
Through this policy, Syarikat Perumahan Negara Berhad (SPNB) was appointed through a joint venture of SPNB-LTAT (USL), the Partnership between SPNB and Lembaga Tabung Angkatan Tentera (LTAT), has implemented the Housing Project for the army, which is the largest programme under the Angkatan Tentera Malaysia (ATM) worth RM1.4 billion, which includes the construction of bungalows, semi-detached houses and apartments.
A total of 6,550 units have been completed and handed over to Malaysian Defence Ministry which involves 10 sites in Klang Valley. Among them are:
- Pangkalan Udara Tentera Udara Malaysia (TUDM) Subang;
- Kem Sg Besi, Kem Kementah 1, 2, 3 at Jalan Padang Tembak;
- Kem Pasifik at Jalan Ampang;
- Kem Wardieburn at Setapak;
- Jalan Uthant 1 & 2; and
- Pangkalan Udara Kuala Lumpur (PUKL)